Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

My experience with new breads


One of the great things i´d learned during my expeditions with breads, is about how many cultural aspects from all the world´s corner we can have.
One of the best breads i´d baked was Barbari from Iran. This bread have the curious format flattened and with a brush of mixed flour water and baking soda wich gave a nice golden color on top. Black sesame seeds sprinkled then,completed the fashion of this delicious bread. Barbari, is one of most adored breads at Iran and it was introduced there during the invasion of Barbarians from Afeghanistan.

Pizzas are another bread i love a lot, specially thin ones. I promise to post here a delicious recipe of thin pizza plus bread crumbs on top, i love so much.I prefer the thin pizzas, but theres a lot of people who loves the Chicago style deep dish pizza with lots of fillings inside.

I love Calzones and i´ll post a nice delicious Calzone´s recipe soon.

Another good choice on flatten breads are Kebabs or wrapped breads, with some butter on dough. I love the wrapped sandwiches and it´s filling variations.

Italian bread with it´s crusty external layer is another masterpiece and always a chalenge, even to experienced bakers like me.

Challah with it´s enriched dough is a Jewish bread dough i love a lot, with it´s versatilyty to be workable, accepting lots of variations. With Challah dough i make Pain aux Chocolat,Peanut butter breads, Pumpkin raisins breads, plus another delicious braideds.

Here i list some variations i have in my list of breads:

Croissant, Brioche, Provence, Pita, Whole Grains breads, sweet braided breads, a Stollen, originally, from Dresdner, Pan de Muerto ( Mexican ), Pão de Queijo from my Brazil, Polar Bread from Nordic countries, plus lots of othersssss

We will share all our experiences here during next years.
I´ll be more effective and active here in this blog.

Good news are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment